Wednesday, October 2, 2013

TPR

We have been waiting a long time to hear a judge rule in favor of DSS and terminate the parental rights of our sweet girl's birth parents. K is 22 months old and has been with us since she was 3 weeks old. She knows me as "mama" and Joe "daddy". The boys are her playmates and accomplices in daily mischief. But when a judge terminated parental rights on Friday, my response was mixed. While I am thrilled that we are one step closer to making K our forever daughter, in no way did I (or Joe) rejoice in the fact that a mother and father lost the right to parent this sweet girl. My heart breaks for this mom even though our adoption of a daughter is in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. I mirror your mixed emotions. Adoption is so beautiful, but in cases like this it is tough. I'm so thankful for the Lord's provision in this little ladies life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand. Praying for you and her and the birth parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're as bad as me. When are you going to blog again?

    ReplyDelete